Guides

Armor Upgrading Guide.

Hi Guys and Welcome to my guide for improving your armor!~

Start off by heading to the correct shifu/Life npc for the equipment. Normal clothes are refined at the tailor shifu. Jewelry at the Craftsman Shifu, and weapons at the blacksmith shifu.

Lets start off with refining clothes to higher classes. There are 6 classes total. Usually when you buy or make clothes it starts off at class 3 or 4. To check just look at Equipment grade listed when you hover over your gear.

The first tab, armor refinement is for upgrading to a higher class.

In order to refine anything, the item HAS to be bound to you. This is DIFFERENT then upgrading gear using stuff like envenom stones to add stats like +brawn or breath etc.

As you can see above, in order to refine clothes or any gold tier gear, you need gold powder and highly refined agent. If you do not have gold powder, you can use other pieces of clothes that are of the SAME class or LOWER. 

You can upgrade up to class 5 this way. To upgrade to class 6 you will need a similar but slightly different method that i will post at another time.

Armor Metallurgy is used to change the stat effect. It is the message shown in green when you hover over armor and look at the information. This message appears when you refine your equipment to class 5 or higher.

As you can see, i can change the green text to something else for a different effect.

Now for the more interesting stuff regarding upgrades. Upgrades like i stated before are what you would normally need players for. Along with 10 tael and the required materials, you can add upgrades to your armor. I HIGHLY recommend you do all the upgrades before refining your gear. It will cost less materials which can be very expensive.

The first tab is used to change the stats. For example lets say i did all the upgrades possible to my armor but i didnt get the stats i want. I got all brawn instead of breath and i need breath. This feature can help but it costs tael. Your armor needs to be bound to beable to use this service as well.

You can change the current stats randomly until you get what you want. Be patient it can take more than a couple rerolls. Also DO NOT press confirm until you are sure that the current reroll is what you want. You DO NOT have to accept the reroll and you can just close the window or reset again for different results. It will STILL cost tael regardless though so keep that in mind!

The second tab is to MAXIMIZE the stats you got. This is not recommened to lower classes. You should only use this feature on class 5 or 6 gear to avoid losing too much money. The reason is at class 3 the maximum a stat boost can have is +9. Class 5 has it capped at +19. Keep in mind this is for gold tier equipment, jade is different. So you will go from like +8 or +9 at class 3 to +19 if you try maximizing at class 5. To get all 3 stats to +19 you will need a couple rerolls. Also DON'T forget about the parry endurance that can be maxed as well!!!!

Its the third tab. :D

Well I hope this guide answered most of your questions. If you have any others please ask in the guild chat :D!~~~

FAQ:

Where do I reroll jewelry like rings and necklaces??

You go to the tailor for clothes and jewelry REROLLS; BUT you go to the craftsman to refine jewelry to higher classes!

So when exactly should i change the stats on my armor?

Reroll your armor or jewelry to the correct stats ( ex: brawn -> breath for internal users ) you want BEFORE you refine the equipment to higher classes. It will save you some tael in the long run. If you forgot to or screwed up, its OK the change in price isn't that big.

Any more questions PM me in-game or post a reply below!

Last edited by MahNimbus on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.twitch.tv/thommyhubbub/c/2229428

^ check this video out on what exactly armor upgrades do with your current inner. its a short video.

Nice guide man!

Great Guide MahNimbus.

I stumbled across another Great in depth Guide for Gear Upgrading. Click link below,

Armor Upgrading Guide!

On Twitch
月牙熊 19 viewers
No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em